Monday, June 28, 2004

The Euro 2004

Sunday afternoon brought two new roommates (Bryan and his girlfriend Erin). They both attend the University of Maryland. I think the hostal at which I am staying attempts to set up rooms with people from the same country.
I returned to Piccadilly this afternoon to pick up a travel guide book of London at the bookstore, Waterstones. Waterstones is a Europeon chain and this particular store was 5 stories. I also wanted to go see if a could find a few articles of clothing because 1) I did not bring many clothes to Kenya and 2.) Most of the clothes I did bring, I either left for the people or threw away. So I wandered in and out of many stores in an effort to pick up some cool items. I found what I was looking for @ the french connection. I got a pair of pants, a button up, and a sweater.
Another good thing about being in London is the availability of british export records/cds. These cds are expensive and hard to come by in the US because they are made in Europe and to be sold in Europe. So today, I purchased the British realease of "Is This It" by the Strokes. I bought it for £6.99. I love that i can use the pound sign! I don't have it on my laptop @ home so im going to use it a lot right now... £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££.
At night me, Bryan , and his girlfriend went to a bar to catch a quarter final game of the Euro 2004. Soccer is nuts here! Everybody watches! I single game is like the Super Bowl in the US. Everybody goes out and watches the games. Last night the Czech Republic played Denmark. England was put out a couple of nights ago as a result of David Beckam's missed penalty kick. You would have thought England was still playing by the crowd watching last night's game. Czech won 3-0.
Monday morning we are going to see the changing of the guard @ Buckingham Palace then maybe go to a few museums, gallerys and other spots. We also really want to take daytrips to Wimbledon and Stonehenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home