Sunday, May 16, 2004

Blow

It's a low key Summer's Saturday night and i was out late last night so I decided to lay low at my appt (Harts Cove) tonight.
Tommorrow, I have a meeting in Suwanee, GA with the individuls i will be going to Kenya with (June 10-26). This is a medical/mission trip so many doctors, dentists will be on the team as well as about 15 students, a preacher, and a few others. I am really excited about this trip, as I will be able to provide aid and share christ with those in need. I'm eager to view Kenya and the culture of the people we will be visiting.
By the way, i have become a 5 star chef when it comes to marinating and sautéing chicken breasts. That makes about 5 dishes that i can create. So, I made dinner and rented the movie Blow. I have seen it once before. Actually, there was a pre-released viewing at Clemson (in Tillman) my freshman year which was exciting. For some unknown reason, I'm intrigued with the use, trafficking, and lifstyle of those involved with drugs- though i've never been linked. Not to mention my interest in entrepreneurial projects. Sooooo, i guess i'm destined to become a notorious drug lord? Or not. So anyway, as you know this movie is based on the true story of the first major trafficking of cocaine and marijuana into the U.S. (early 1970's). The main character, George Jung, (played by Johnny Depp) really caught my interest, so after the movie I reaserched him on the internet. Turns out he is still in jail (his 3rd sentence) and will be realeased in 2015. You know that question "If you could have dinner with any one person, who would it be?" Well funny as it seems, this guy would be high on my list. I'm so curious as to what he will do with himself when he is released. He earned and lost 60 million dollars during a span of about 20 years. This blows my mind. <--- I know, I'm a dork...
GeorgeJungHomepage
GeorgeJungInterview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home