Saturday, June 26, 2004

1 week in London

whew... a lot to say, but i will try to abridge my last 3 weeks in my next few blogs...
I am currently in London, England. (June 26)
My flight got in at about 6 a.m. this morning.
Originally, I was sceduled for a connecting flight to Atlanta, GA 6 hours after my arrival to Heathrow Airport (London).
Last week, I decided that I would like to spend some more time in London since i would be connecting flights in the city.
This is one city I have always wanted to spend time in.
So i called British Airlines, and a long story short, July 3rd was the most optimal available time for me to rescedule my flight back to the US.
5 friends from the trip to Kenya, came with me into the city of London for breakfast after our flight arrival this morning. They had to return to Gatwick airport afterwards for their flight back to Atlanta.
A few wanted to stay but couldn't afford to stay 8 days (the closest time to reschedule a flight from London)
After breakfast in a local pastry cafe and many pictures around Buckingham palace ect., we walked back to Victoria Station where we said our goodbyes.
I then went to an information center and made reservations for a hostal (Astors Victoria Hostel, 71 Belgrave Road).
I walked 4 blocks to the Hostal with my bags. The area is beautiful, the buildings on Belgrave Road are all beige.
It was 9:30 when I got there, and I then found out check in time is at 1 pm, so i left my big bag there in a locked storage room.
The people hanging around the hostel all looked very interesting (almost all in there 20s; and of all ethnicitys) I think i will be sharing a room with 6 or 7 others, so I pray this goes well.
I only made reservation for one night, but if i enjoy it tonight, I may spend the rest of my nights their.
I also discovered 2 more exciting things....
1)Wimbledon is being played in London now and for the rest of the time i will be here. Because of this, Lodging, ect. is more expencive.
2)The Olympic torch is being run through London TODAY at 7 p.m! (I will watch it infront of Buckingham Palace). James Brown and Rod Stewart will headline an after Torch Run Concert.
_I am going to find a place to get something to eat now, but I will reveal all of my adventures in Kenya over the next few days...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Billy, How I miss Billy! I can't wait to hear about your trip bro. Find me a nice lil London honey!!! Well, maybe two or three so I can pick! BLOG ON BABY!

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home