Wednesday, May 19, 2004

chilled _ downtempo _ ambiant

Tonight i cheated. I have never watched a single "The Bachelor" episode... until tonight... The season finale. So now I know what every huge Bachelor fan has been dying to know for the past few months. Jessica will be the one to test a relationship with Jesse. So Hooray Jesse! Hooray Jessica! and Hooray Billy!... for knowing the lowdown in the world of Reality Television!
I am on the road to getting back in shape.- I ran parameter tonight for the first time this summer and I have totally lost the stamina I built up last semester. I clocked my time (24:31) for the 3.1 mile distance. I think thats slightly less than an eight minute/mile. I struggled to make it in that mediocre time. I would like to make it sub 20 minutes sometime soon. This is my goal for now. Running is so much more fun when in shape.
The Streets released their new albumn today so I would like to check that out. I think i will make a list of music to sample and go to Barnes and Noble tomorrow after class.
As of late, I've been listing to a lot of chillout; hence the title of the post. This music, originating partially from the acid house scene in England (mid-80s)_ and the beaches & nightclubs of Ibiza is slow tempo and atmospheric, perfect for night driving or simply relaxing under the sun. Acts that I like the most in this genre are St. Germain, The Future sound of London, and Thievery Corporation.
I went to Blockbuster and picked up 2 movies (Dead Poets Society & Ted Bundy). I've never seen either. Dead Poets Society is always recommended to me and Bundy is a family favorite. Just kidding about Bundy being a family favorite. I am just genuinely interested in people and their motives, serial killer or not. So i will dish out my opinions of the movies later.- I figure these 2 movies will hold me over until I can make it out to see Mean Girls.
Ohhhh and heres the beat on the street about Kenya. Kenya is so much cooler than Norway. Check out the link...
KENYA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home