Sunday, May 14, 2006

elizabethtown


i never heard many good things about this movie, but i loved the soundtrack so i decided to watch it. i loved it. i have never even really enjoyed kirstin dunst, but this movie turned that around.

the only things i enjoy more than meeting new people, are music and road trips. this movie takes both, and it works beautifully.

when thinking of jobs, i am always fearful about a job that may take control of me; place me in a rut; not give me creative freedom and the time to get away and enjoy life. this film really shows the importance of getting away and just living.

i love the way the perfect music mirrors the scenes. "come pick me up" by ryan adams was enough to win over as a fan of this movie, but throw in some tom petty and my morning jacket and this becomes one of my favorite movies.

i love the scene with the two of them playing in the graveyard. i love the night conversation at the old gas station. i love the idea of starting a winery with your spouse at the age of 70.

i want to create an amazing road trip choreographed by the perfect soundtracks for someone someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

That was the movie on my flight back from Guatemala. I reluctantly watched it, but was pleasantly surprised. Great music, but I just couldn't get past the timing during the whole road trip soundtrack. I kept saying "there is no way that song would come on at that exact time" and "that's bull crap...she can't plan that".

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home