Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day of Magic

Last night I was walking (well, actually biking) Mowgli. It was very late, and a very dark night. I pedaled over to Daniel Island Elementary. At a moment I stopped on the road just in front of the school to give Mowgli time to come to me before we began our return home. The wind was blowing and I heard something light blowing against the road toward me. I looked down to find a crisp twenty dollar bill sitting at my feet. This has never happened to me before so I was super excited. Everything about the experience was perfect. Honestly if the bill had been a couple feet away I probably would not have noticed it as it was very dark out.

The story gets better.


So the following morning, Meg and I headed downtown to do a bit of window shopping. I decide to take her to Queen Street Grocery to get a nutella/strawberry crepe. We approach the grocery and wait for a car to pull out of a spot that we intend to pull into. The car takes longer than e
xpected to pull away, so I tell Meg to just turn right and pull in the No Parking spot as we will just be a couple minutes. She parks and I begin to exit the passenger side. Just as I am about to step onto the street, I look down. To my amazement, I spot not 1 but 2 crisp twenty dollar bills lying on the street! I look around before I grab them to make sure this isn't some kind of joke. I call Meg's name as I pick them up and show them to her. Her jaw drops.

So in a matter of less than 24 hours, I randomly find 3 twenty dollar bills!


Meg and I are excited/terrified.



On another note we discovered a really cool cafe/market downtown near the College of Charleston:
Caviar & Bananas

www.caviarandbananas.com


A playlist for tonight:
Koop "A Waltz for Koop"

Lorna "The Last Mosquito Flight of Summer"
Asobi Seksu "Me and Mary"

Miniature Tigers "Dino Damage"

Fila Brazilia "Bucket Bottom"

Lorna "Understanding Heavy Metal Parts I & II"
Asobi Seksu "Layers"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home