Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring (take 26)

This is without a doubt the most inspiring time of year for me.
I guess Spring has always been a time for inspiration; A time for reinvention, a time for change, a time of rebirth, and a time for great weather!

Today I spent a few hours by the pool (Pierce Park). Daniel island is an amazing place to live, and I would love to know that one day I will able to buy a home here. It doesn't get too much more picturesque; Beautiful Oaks with draping Spanish moss, clean streets, smiling children, docks over salt marsh', grassy parks. All of these tug at the depths in me.

As I was lying by the pool, I caught a live oak out the corner of my eye. Not a terribly large one, but one with at least one hundred years under her belt. It's an amazing thing to look at and think of what this old tree must have experienced over the century or two which it has been in existence. What is her birthday? Why did her long thick branches decide to curve in the directions they curve? How many fierce thunderstorms has she stood strong in? I must have spent the better part of half an hour pondering over this beautiful body of life.



"Transfiguation #1" m. ward
"Outta my Head" m. ward

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pondering a tree...haha. you know, rastafarians, don't they ponder trees, wait, they smoke them.

miss you mean it

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home